Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Thursday, April 2, 2015

Rotunda Response Blog

My rotunda project response is to the Forced Child Marriage project. It caught my eye because of the visual representation they had. Once I read it, I was shocked to know of the amount of children subjected to this. Girls that are merely 12, 15, etc. are not mentally ready for marriage with a much more older man. The odds of them getting abused is high and just apalling. 

The girls are also not physically ready for this kind of thing. You cannot physically have a child that young. The statistics of childbirth death is so much higher than for women. If a women cannot handle that much pain, how is a child going to deal with that? 

I was glad to see that there are organizations trying to abolish this. I feel like it'll never really go away because so many people are stuck in their ways and they pass those values down to their children and that continues. You can never really kill an idea. I really do hope that they take care of those girls and do end it by decade 2030. 

No comments:

Post a Comment