Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Blog #10

I stumbled upon this while scrolling through my twitter and I thought it related to our love talk we had in class a few days ago. Love is a crazy thing that can't truly be described, only experienced. Although these young kids did a pretty good job describing what they think love is. Love to me is so much, it's loving someone unconditionally, caring for them as much as you care for yourself and not being able to bare the feeling of being without them. To me, love is the scariest thing there is. It's you basically giving someone who you think you trust your heart and saying "here you go, don't break it." And unfortunately that's not always the case. Often times with love comes heartbreak which frightens me even more. It's incredibly hard to trust someone when you see how untrustworthy some people really are. As much as you want to trust someone there's always that voice in the back of your head saying "wait what are you doing." Which leads us to second guessing and pure insanity. With love you have to take risks and with risks you have to have a little bit of faith and trust that everything will work out. 
 
I like how the kids explained their definition of love. They didn't say that love is buying each other things or taking each other out to dinner, they said the most simple and sweetest things that are so beyond true. "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday" is the cutest quote I've ever heard. Theses kids are so young and they already have a better understanding of love than I do. Love is not about materialist things, it's about loving each others  imperfections and "going out to eat and giving somebody most of your french fries without making them give you any of theirs." That is love and I can't wait to experience it one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment