Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Blog #11

     I chose to do my rotunda blog post on the poster about Starvation in America. It caught my eye with how well it was decorated and I was instantly intrigued. As I began to read, I was shocked with the statistics it displayed. More than 48 million Americans struggle to put food on their table, including about 16 million being children. 48 million people are barely making enough to eat. this number is huge, 48 million is 13 MORE million than the population of Canada.
     According to the poster, this means that all these people are being affected mentally and physically with the effects of hunger. Starvation has been killing more people every year than AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria combined. Personally, I didn't know it was that big of a problem. This poster made me realized that not everyone has the opportunity to eat everyday or provide their families with food to get them through the day. People just think eating is apart of everyday life and comes easy, just go in the refrigerator and choose what you want to eat. But, when you change your perspective, you will realize that providing food can be a struggle, and currently is for millions of people just in America.










http://countryeconomy.com/demography/population/canada

No comments:

Post a Comment