Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

GMOs? More like GM nO. (Blog 11)


I have never in my life been a fan of GMOs ever since I heard the term. First of all why were the people behind GMOs so adamant on not labeling there food that contained them? If they preach they're safe then why try to hide the fact that their in food. it's all so suspicious. The fact that things are being spliced and sliced in such a molecular level is awesome, I think the fact we can do that is amazing. But do I feel comfortable eating it?  Because I'm not too sure about that. There are pros, but this time I think the cons weigh out the pros because generations from us might suffer the effects of the food we're eating and thats not right or fair to them. The fact that unborn babies are already exposed to so many toxins before they're born...they don't need unsafe food on top of that. 

I'm sick not being able to feel comfort in what I'm eating. I seem to constantly be wondering what crap they put into my food next or how they're treating what Im eating. the whole thing is messed up and it's a major problem and I for one would like to eat normal food again without enriched white flour or some sort of high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, gluten, glucose I don't even know. I just want more healthy choices is that so hard to ask America and for the love of god fix school lunches because I saw another project on that. Disgusting food is despicable. I love food and it should taste good and BE good for you...rant over.


Here are some really scary facts about GMOs down below.



Since then, findings include:

  • Thousands of sheep, buffalo, and goats in Indiadied after grazing on Bt cotton plants
  • Mice eating GM corn for the long term hadfewer, and smaller, babies
  • More than half the babies of mother rats fed GM soy died within three weeks, and were smaller
  • Testicle cells of mice and rats on GM soychange significantly
  • By the third generation, most GM soy-fed hamsters lost the ability to have babies
  • Rodents fed GM corn and soy showed immune system responses and signs of toxicity
  • Cooked GM soy contains as much as 7-times the amount of a known soy allergen
  • Soy allergies skyrocketed by 50% in the UK, soon after GM soy was introduced
  • The stomach lining of rats fed GM potatoes showed excessive cell growth, a condition that may lead to cancer.
  • Studies showed organ lesions, altered liver and pancreas cells, changed enzyme levels, etc.
(The full article is Here)

No comments:

Post a Comment