Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Blog #4

Mary Anne from the Sweetheart of the Song Tra Bong  drastically changed from the beginning of the story to the end. I drew what I imagined her to look like before and after she experienced the Vietnam War. The left side of my drawing is Mary Anne when she first arrives to visit her boyfriend. She has long hair and is very innocent and pure. On the right side of my drawing Mary Anne transforms and is wearing a helmet with her long hair gone and a necklace of human tongues. This side of my drawing is also much darker because of Mary Anne's progression into darkness throughout the story. Mary Anne became a different person after her experiences at war and moved far beyond normal  human behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment