Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Sunday, November 30, 2014

The water crisis (Blog #6)

http://water.org/water-crisis/water-facts/water/

     It is hard for Americans to I'm imagine a world with out clean, drinkable water. Many Americans don't even know that it is an issue for a major part of the world. Especially since the U.S. used 50 billion plastic water bottles last year, that's not even including the fresh tap water available daily. The link above shows the shocking statistics and comparisons about the water crisis happening now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. This was very eye opening to me. It's become apparent that people, like us, that have everything we could possibly need take things for granted, like water. I can't imagine not having fresh water every day, I drink about 3 water bottles a day and don't think about how lucky I am to do that. The statistics in the link were just astonishing, 750 million people around the world lack access to safe water; approximately one in nine people...... This is just unfathomable to me, I seriously can not imagine not having fresh, clean water. Thank you for posting this blog and exposing us to this very important problem.

    ReplyDelete