Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602

Caravaggio, The Taking of Christ, 1602
Tenebrism

Friday, November 28, 2014

Thanksgiving (Blog #6?)

      As we celebrate this Thanksgiving we should remember what really matters in life, and not take anything for granted, as I sometimes do.

     I'm thankful for my family. I'm most especially thankful for my mother who does so much for me it's kind of embarrassing. I'm thankful for her dragging me out of bed every morning. I'm thankful for the lunch she makes me everyday, even though I complain about it. I'm thankful that we see movies every Saturday with each other. I'm thankful she has weekends off. I'm thankful for the meals she makes every night, even the ones I rarely eat. I'm thankful she drives me to the end of the driveway and waits with me at the bus stop. I'm thankful for all the time we spend together, the good and the bad. I'm thankful for all her perfections and all her perfect imperfections. I'm thankful for her hugs and kisses because I know I won't have them forever. I'm thankful for knowing her like the back of my hand and she, me. I'm thankful for all the fights we have because it's when we love each other the most. I'm thankful for everything she does for me, for being my mother.

    I'm thankful for God. For His unceasing love and mercy, when I don't deserve it. For being my Heavenly Father and choosing me as His daughter. For calling me back to Him, home, when I insist on doing it my own way. For listening to me even when I don't listen to Him. For knowing what's best for me when I don't have the slightest clue. For promising never to forsake, to abandon, or leave me. For being so trustworthy. For keeping Your promises. For being so good, You don't have to be, You answer to no one, yet You are. For wanting to know and love and cherish and seek out and provide for and protect such a lowly sinner like me. For being the Almighty King, everything is subject to You. For "For God so loved the world, as to give his only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting" (John 3:16). You sacrificed Your only Son for me(and for each individual person on this planet). Why? because You want me to spend eternity with You, this is the gift of salvation. It's a gift because no amount of good work could ever merit it. I am so unworthy of You and everything You do for me, yet You still love and care for me and want to spend eternity with me. God is good. God is love. God is just. God is merciful. God is God.


 "God has the final say. When He says Yes or No; no man can stand against it. Let Him fight your battles for you and He shall make sure you win in the end, all you have to do is have faith in Him, pray without ceasing and always acknowledge Him and His works in your life. Like the saying clearly says God is good and so He is always. With Him you are surely a winner, the head and never the tail".
                                         -Unknown    

           

No comments:

Post a Comment